Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Structured Wiring

The structured wiring is complete.  Structured wiring is something I really wanted in the house (and something Shelly rolled her eyes about).  Basically, all of the low voltage wiring in the house (coax, internet cable, telephone, etc) are all run to a central location in the house.  For internet this will allow me to have internet jacks throughout the house, for example there are 2 jacks behind the TV so if I download a movie from the internet it will download faster (not using wireless connections).  I can also stream music, videos, etc from my computer to view on the TV.
Here is what the wiring box looks like:



And I have to admit I had a lot of help.  I found a great contractor that I've known for several years who has a lot of experience with wiring systems like this.  Josh from Graybrooke construction also helped me wire the house for surround sound and whole house audio.  If your thinking of doing something like this you should definitely give Josh a call or visit his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment