Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Home Inspectors

I understand and fully endorse the concept of a home home inspection prior to buying a home.  Having a certified professional crawl through the house to find potential landmines the sellers are trying to hid or may not even know about is great.
But....
After having my own home inspected by a professional inspector, I'm a bit perturbed at what they find important to report to buyers.  The most ridiculous was for them to tell me to change the air filter in my house (thanks for the reminder).  I couldn't believe the buyers actually included that as one of the "repairs" they wanted done prior to closing.
Also we were told we had standing water in our crawl space.  Keep in mind the inspection was done when we had so much snow and rain and the ground was more saturated than I have ever seen it.  So yeah, there was a little water.  When I when under the house a few days later to remove said water, of course there was none because it had drained out like it is supposed to do. 
There were other things noted that were crazy and I won't bore you with every detail.  But I think inspectors should just use common sense and report the things that really matter.  Not to find as many issues as possible just to make themselves look better because they have a laundry list of things to report.
I also have a bald spot on my lawn with no grasss, lots of weeds; want to report that?

No comments:

Post a Comment