Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sic semper tyrannis

Well, it appears the opinion of a home inspection done during one of the most active winter seasons on record will cost me the sale of my home.  If you don't remember we had our house inspected last fall during average conditions and did all the repairs that were suggested.  The potential buyer for our house had their own inspector go through our house during the middle of all the snow and rain we've been having and he said he saw standing water and evidence of water infiltration.
This inspector says the water infiltration he saw was old and new and suggested the buyers have me get it fixed by a company and show receipts and warranties for the work.  I have a big problem with that since I've lived in the house for 10 years and have never had a problem with water in my crawlspace.
We even had the buyers call our original inspector who again agreed there was no evidence of water problems with my crawlspace and said it makes complete sense that we could have a little water with all this rain. 
I don't mind doing repairs for problems that exist, but I have a big problem doing repairs when they are not warranted.  Never mind my house is on a hill and even if I did have water under my house, gravity would naturally carry it away.
I'll let you know how it all works out, but it's not looking good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment