Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Inspections, Inspections, Inspections

It's nice to be "under contract" but the number of inspections that go on in the home buying process is maddening!  Keep in mind our house has been maintained with quarterly pest inspections and we paid for a home inspector to do an inspection before we put our house on the market.
We have had to allow another home inspection, a termite inspection and a radon test done.  The home inspection went well, nothing really big (just piddly stuff they may not even worry about).  The termite inspector they used is not available to do the inspection before the deadline the buyers setup in the contract.  If it was me I'd use another termite inspector, but whatever.  And we've had a radon test done over the past 2 days.
I've never had a radon test done, but evidentally they attempt to measure 4 pCi of radon gas.  4 pCi is next to impossible to measure, that is 4 trillionths of radioactivity (probably the same amount in a smoke detector or the face of a glow in the dark watch).  If I still worked in Nuclear Medicine, I could have come home with enough radioactive materials from work on my clothes to make that device register >4 pCi.  I really hope the test goes well, but the whole thing is asinine.

Anyway, after the myriad of inspections I hope to have the house sold and start building our "lake house"

No comments:

Post a Comment